Thursday, January 12, 2012

Two-Faced

For last year’s words belong to last year’s language
And next year’s words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~ T.S. Eliot, “Little Gidding”


Out with the old and in with the new.  Another year has finally arrived, full of new possibilities, and fresh energy.  This is a time to try a new approach to an aging issue, or to begin something entirely new.

As for myself, I am starting the new year off with emotional and physical health.  Next week I begin an online course with Pixie Campbell called SouLodge which takes participants around the medicine wheel for inner healing.  Wednesday I begin a yoga class.  And then there is the Etsy store I am developing with my mother.  I am so stoked about all of the awesomeness that is coming my way.

I am enthused about what lies ahead, and at the same time the wisdom gained from the last 365 stays with me.  As I shed the heaviness of the past year and pick up the pieces of wisdom left behind, I am reminded of Janus, the Roman deity after which January was named.  This deity was often depicted with two faces, one looking forward and the other backward.  January is the perfect time for a last bit of the soul’s reflection of the past year, mixed with a healthy dose of the spirit’s vision for the new.

With this in mind I let the soul take care of its business, and allow spirit to reach for the potential and possibility in the present.

Contemplate the wisdom you’ve gained in 2011.  What changes or projects are you fostering for early 2012?

Infinitely Yours,
Lenora ∞

No comments:

Post a Comment