Monday, January 23, 2012

Dead Ticket

Hey yall!  Do you have a pile of concert tickets paperclipped together and stuck in a drawer somewhere?  Are they maybe pinned to a bulletin board or shoved away in a memory box?  Here is a neat way to honor some of your great concert experiences.  Easy and cheap!

You'll need a 5x7 photo frame, scissors, tape, a background image and your ticket stub.  I framed my Grateful Dead ticket from the St. Louis show in 1994, a year before Jerry kicked it, so I found a super colorful Grateful Dead dancing bear wallpaper on the internet.  I placed the image in a program that allowed me to adjust the size.  Once sized (and it does not have to be perfect), I printed, and trimmed the edges so that it fit inside the glass

Next cut a piece of paper (white or a color of your choice), about a 1/4" bigger than the ticket on each side.  Tape the ticket to your rectangle, then tape your rectangle to your wallpaper image.  Put the whole creation inside the frame and wal-la!  You have instant decoration and a fond memory to display.

Give it a shot, and show me what you've created!


Infinitely Yours,
Lenora ∞

2 comments:

  1. Mine are al in a tin somewhere, Black Sabbath and Motorhead in 1981, don't get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Tony! That would be so cool to decorate a room with. Each has a great story too, I'm sure! Concert stubs kind of define a time in our lives. They invoke memories.

    ReplyDelete