Thursday, December 15, 2011

Letting Go

"The soul doesn't distinguish between good and bad as much as between 
what is nutritious and what isn't." - Thomas Moore

It has been a long, trying year.  Ugh... I have moved myself and my daughter out of the family home, gone through a divorce and the transition that goes along with the D word.  It has been a roller coaster, and not the fun kind.  I threw my hands up in the air and screamed all a lot, but it was no trip to Six Flags, that is for certain.

Amidst all the turmoil, I have found a bit of grace.  I am most definitely grateful for having the strength and courage to leave a toxic marriage.  I am also grateful for those who held my hand, and dried my tears along the way.  I am grateful for my friend, Sally, who has boarded my daughter and I since April.  I swear sometimes she is a guardian angel.  I am also grateful for all that this experience has taught me.  I do not regret being married, but I am grateful that I knew when it was time to go.  Timing is everything.  And now it is time to let go of some of the self-defeating thought patterns that are holding me back.
The Winter Solstice is quickly approaching, and this year I am taking part in a Letting Go ceremony.  The Mother of All Releasings with Pixie Campbell.  This ceremony of mine will not be huge, but it will be powerful.  I am already meditating on that which no longer serves me, and that which I choose to let go of.  I've written these thoughts, behaviors and actions down on strips of paper and will burn them on the Solstice.  You can do the same if you feel inclined.
http://www.pixiecampbell.com/2011/12/mother-of-all-releasings-ceremonies-winter-solstice-2011.html

It has been a long year, but I do not have to keep carrying this weight of fear, rage and bitterness.  It is time to give up as much as possible, and I am ready to just...let...go.  Florence Welch said it best: "It's hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake him out!"  I really, really, really want to dance.
We are all in charge of our own personal inventory.  What do you need to let go of?

Infinitely Yours,
Lenora ∞

1 comment:

  1. What a glorious idea!!! I've been making major changes in lifestyle recently, throughout the last year actually, but have never thought about actually letting go of bad habits, behaviors, or bad self images with a ceremony of sorts! Lots of food for thought here.....I'm off to read more...

    ReplyDelete